About Slate Fireplaces
Slate fireplaces are the new trends in the living room as the smoky slate tiles give dandifying appearance. Fireplace is an open recess or a hearth for holding a fire at the base of a chimney. Made of extremely durable and long lasting slate stone, slate stone fireplace is a defining feature of the room decor, accentuating aesthetic taste. Slate stone fireplaces are chiseled out by dexterous craftsmen and manufacturers, who offer a large range of slate stone fireplaces.
These are custom designed, built and installed for open fireplaces to burn wood, a gas fire requiring chimney inserts, a multi fuel burner, or no chimney. A fire hearth mantel surrounds the fireplace. The mantelpiece or mantel shelf is hand carved and sculpted to in various shapes with intricate designs.
Durable Slate stone
Slate stone is a strong stone that can easily bear all the heat emanating from the fireplace and can be safely used for years to come with no fear of breakage. Available in different finishes in different shades of green, gray, copper and brown, the durable slate stone fireplace resists cracking, fading and erosion.
Why Slate Fireplaces?
Slate Stone Fireplace
There are many reasons why slate fireplace manufacturers use this stone to make this space in your home. One of the reasons is that no other material is as good as slate stone in insulating fire. Other reasons why manufacturers, exporters and suppliers prefer this are:
- Slate stone is available in wide range of texture, color and finishes. So every slate fireplace will be different from other. Also because of this reason broad variety of looks are possible with the same design.
- Slate stone is easy to saw and trimmed to various dimensions. So different styles and shapes of slate fireplace hearth can be made from this natural stone.
- Some of the slate fireplaces are made from the brilliantly hued slate tiles and slate slabs that look exceptionally unique and different.
- Slate stone is also fireproof and it wont have any change in appearance because of the fire.
- Slate stone fireplace is unique and beautiful.
- Even if you want to renovate your old slate fireplace then it is very easy to change the slate tile. Also it is easy to change the individual slate tile.
- Slate stone is also acid resistant, non absorptive and almost resistant to freezing.
Slate Fireplaces Patterns
Slate Fireplace Patterns
You can create any kind of pattern and style of slate fireplace with this unmatchable natural stone. This can be used in rustic log cabin to traditional home and urban penthouse. Different colors are combined in an orderly or random pattern to make the fireplace. The golden and warmth of copper color are particularly in.
You can use the irregular patterns of slate stone to make the fireplace or you can also cut the slabs
into orderly pattern to create the patterned slate fireplace.
Apart from shape and color, the exterior finish marks the difference. It can either be rough or smooth. So depending upon your choice you can select the one. Smooth tiles give contemporary look where as with the rough surface more traditional look is obtained.
Apart this stacking of slate tiles
vertically gives an altogether a different kind of slate fireplace.
Bricked Type Slate Fireplace
Slate Brick Fireplace
Slate brick fireplace is made to look in the form of bricks. Slate tiles are so placed that these look like a brick fireplace. But if you compare the slate fireplaces with that of brick fireplaces then the former are lot more better than the later.
Cleaning of Slate Fireplaces
Slate stone has the ability to withstand extreme range of temperature and a very durable stone with natural looks. Every eye will be on your slate fireplace so you must clean it for the fantastic look.
- To clean the slate fireplace you can mix very mild detergent in a warm water.
- Take the sponge or washrag and soak it in that warm water to clean the slate fireplace.
- Dry it with soft clean towel and let it dry in air. As air drying of slate stone fireplace takes long time so let it dry overnight to do further cleaning.
- After this you can apply the very thin layer of teak oil with the help of soft cloth. You can get the teak oil from the hardware stores.
You Might Also Be Interested In