Backslash is the area of kitchen wall that is in between cabinets and shelf. Slate Stone Backsplash is so wonderful that no one can resist it. Slate backsplash manufacturers and suppliers have amazing slate tile backsplash collection. Not only kitchen but slate stone backsplash has made way into bathrooms too. However, Slate kitchen backsplash is far more popular than any other type of backsplash.
It is because of the earthy color, varied patterns and durability of slate stone that makes it the choice of interior designers for kitchen backsplash
. Slate tile backsplash can be laid with the help of a wide range of colored tiles like black, Grey, brown, beige, blue, green, red, and purple. Either the entire stone can have one of these colors or it can have various patterns to form a mosaic backsplash. Individual use of a single color slate tile or a multi color slate backsplash- all of them instantly change the aesthetics of the surrounding area.
Why to Use Slate Backsplash?
There are a number of reasons that make slate stone the most preferred material for kitche backsplash.
- Slate stone is fire resistant. In kitchen you work with fire so a kitchen slate backsplash is the perfect choice.
- Slate stone is resistant to acids and stains too. While cooking, your kitchen slate backsplash wont get any stain. Slate stone backsplash is easy to clean too. So, if while cooking you get mild stains, just wipe them with soft cloth and all the slate tiles are clear instantly.
- Slate backsplash is unique because of the varied patterns on it so no two kitchen backsplash will look similar in appearance.
- Slate stone backsplash also resists bacterial growth due to its absorbent quality which keeps it dry for longer times. Kitchen tile for backsplash should certainly have this feature considering the moist environment there.
- Slate kitchen backsplash is easy to maintain. All you need is lukewarn water and soap to clean it off. In fact, abrasive material or cleaning products prove to be harmful for any slate stone backsplash.
There is one more reason for having slate stone backsplash in your kitchen and that is- they are amazingly beautiful. Just go through a home improvement magzine or a website with slate backsplash pictures and you will believe this or see these Terrific Slate Tile Kitchen Backsplash Pictures
Sealing Slate Backsplash
Sealing slate backsplash is the major thing that ensures durability and life of the slate stone backsplash. If it is not sealed properly then water can enter inside your slate tile backsplash causing harm to the slate tiles. Natural beauty of slate backsplash is retained by applying the sealant at least twice a year. The type of sealant used can change the tone of the untouched slate backsplash and make it look bit darker. So if you are looking for the perfect color and tone for sealing slate backsplash, it is better to apply sealant and enhancer on a sample tile before you work upon the whole slate stone backsplash. When the sample slate tile gets dried and if you are satisfied with its color, you can continue with sealing slate backsplash entirely in your kitchen.
Slate Tiles Available for Slate Stone Backsplash
- Vermont slate tiles are abundantly used as slate backsplash although there are many slate tiles and stones available. These have uniform color, size and thickness. The color of Vermont slate backsplash will be steel gray to medium green.
- Then there are Chinese and Indian slate tiles that are used for kitchen backsplash. Their color vary from tile to tile and therefor generate varied patterns when installed. Indian and Chinese slate stone backsplash tiles vary in thickness so the installer will have to gauge it. Either the back buttering or putting extra setting material is done.
- Brazilian slate tiles kitchen backsplash are available in all sorts of colors.