Black Slate Hearth
Slate hearth is the one of the best fireplace hearths as these are fire resistant. Hearths are placed directly in front of the firebox on the floor of the room. Slate hearth manufacturers and suppliers use all kinds of slate tiles and slabs to get the best for you. Most of the homeowners prefer the black slate tiles but you will also find many other colors like brown, red, grey etc that can be used for making the slate hearths. It is basically the slate fireplace
and your room decor that will define the color of the slate hearth.
Common Types of Slate Hearths
It is actually the shape of the fireplace slate hearth that define its type. So based on that you can have
- Squared Corner Fireplace Slate Hearth
- Clipped Corner Fireplace Slate Hearth
- Radiused Corners Fireplace Slate Hearth
Slate Hearth Edge Profiles
Also the edge profiles of the slate hearth differ a lot and basically it is the type of floor that decides the type.
Now if you want to keep the slate hearth at the same level as that of your slate floor
then use the plain profile.
Round and chamfered edge profiles of the slate hearth are used in case finished floor adjoins the side of the slate stone hearth.
For the raised fireplace hearth the bullnose edge profile is used.
Why to Use Slate Hearth?
- Slate stone is fire resistant.
- It is an acid resistant stone so your slate hearth will have longer life than any other hearth.
- Moreover it is unique as every slate stone is different from each other in terms of pattern, color and texture.
- Slate hearth will resist the bacterial growth as it does not absorb moisture so remain dry.
- Apart from all this slate hearth is very easy to clean and maintain.
How to Clean Slate hearth?
Cleaning the slate hearth can be time consuming so need your patience. Before cleaning it is better to cover the adjoining floor with cloth.
- Do not use liquid or hard wax on the slate hearth as it will lead to the formation of white rings where you placed coffee mug earlier.
- Remove the dust with soft cloth before applying any cleaning agent or spray.
- To give slate hearth a shinny surface never go with varnish.
- To clean the white marks or smudges from the slate hearth mix evenly a strong solution of tri-sodium phosphate. Apply this solution with sponge over the slate stone hearth and leave it for 3-5 minutes. Now take the pot scrubber but not the steel wool and scrub the sol. with this. Rinse the slate hearth with cool water and let it dry.