Slate fireplace ideas and design tips will assist you to make your dream of having a royal fireplace at home come true. Any kind of fireplace is the focal point of the room so it must be aesthetically good and gel into the rest of the room decor. It should not present itself as a separate entity but must be part of the rest. Slate fireplace designs are really awesome and can be overwhelming if used properly. Here are the simple slate fireplace ideas on design whether you want to build the new slate fireplace or just want to spruce up the existing one.
For any kind of design make sure that you take into the actual use of it. Know the building codes and material from which the rest of the place has been made. This will help you in deciding the material to be used for fireplace and how you can make it.
Slate Fireplace Ideas: Design Tips
- For a glamorous slate fireplace ideas use the black slate and wooden mantel.
Glamorous Slate Fireplace Design
- For the rustic look of the slate fireplace use the slate bricks instead of slate tiles.
- For the contemporary slate fireplace use the slate tiles or slabs.
Contemporary Slate Fireplace Design
- You can create the traditional slate fireplace by putting black slate tiles. Black color is also easy to clean and maintain.
- You can give fireplace an altogether a different look by putting the multi colored tiles. These tiles are very beautiful and give feeling of warmth.
Multi Colored Slate Fireplace Design
- The color of the slate stone in fireplace must match with the wall color. Pick the color that you enjoy as making fireplace is not a regular job.
- For the country style slate fireplace use the subtle color of the stone. You can use peach, brown or gray color to give the country look.